CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
EECON 2023 will take place in Melbourne on 15-16 November. As part of the conference, we are now accepting abstract submissions.
The theme of EECON 2023 is Leading the Energy Transition the Australian Way | Powering up with Resilience, and we are seeking abstracts from industry professionals, researchers and academics that align with the theme. Members and non-members from all sectors of the electricity industry and related industries are welcome to submit. This is an excellent opportunity for you to present your research, share your expertise, and network with colleagues from different backgrounds.
EECON is a chance for people from all over Australia and beyond to come together and solve the real-world challenges that we face on a daily basis. These challenges can be anything from technical and economic to commercial, regulatory, political, or stakeholder related. Held annually, EECON brings together individuals from utilities, project proponents, customers, regulators, academia, and consulting to collaborate and share insights. The EESA National Council and the EESA Victorian Chapter are excited to host EECON this year in Melbourne!
One of the main goals of EECON 2023 is to foster dialogue and collaboration around critical topics, including:
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint - Meeting Net Zero
- Energy sources
- Grid connections
- Challenges with getting to “Net Zero”
- Role of the Government and Regulators
- Future-proofing Networks against Changing Demands
- Network constraints
- Changing load patterns
- Stranded assets
- Reliability and Resilience
- Maintaining grid strength/stability
- Power Quality
- Disaster recovery
- Condition monitoring
- Digital twins and geo-spatial systems
- Energy Storage – Grid, Customer, and Vehicle
If you wish to submit an abstract, please follow the guidelines below:
- Limit the abstract to 300 words, including the presentation title and summary.
- Provide the author's name, affiliations, bio, and contact info (up to 2 presenters per paper).
- If work is to be presented or published before EECON 2023, include publication details for review.
- Indicate the topic area that best fits the proposed presentation.
- Submit the abstract via the submission portal before Friday 23 June 2023.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
AWARDS FOR BEST PAPERS
We're excited to announce the annual Conway and Cresswell Prizes for the best presentations at EECON 2023! The Conway Prize will be awarded to the best presentation by an EESA member, while the Cresswell Prize is open to non-members. Both winners will receive fully expenses-paid attendance at the Electricity Engineers' Association (NZ) 2024 Annual Conference, and their presentations will be considered for inclusion in the Conference Technical Program.
Please note that all submissions must be your original work, and submitting your proposal is considered consent to publish your abstract in conference proceedings. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Technical Program Committee, and acceptance notifications will be sent by Friday 21 July 2023. If your proposal is accepted, you'll need to register for the conference by Friday 18 August 2023, and provide your presentation by Friday 13 October 2023. You'll receive instructions on how to prepare and submit your presentation once your abstract has been accepted. Should you have any questions regarding the submission process or would like to discuss the conference topics, you are welcome to email the leader of the technical committee, David Wilkinson, at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your abstract and seeing you at EECON 2023.