GRADUATE ELECTRICAL POWER ENGINEER OF THE YEAR AWARD
The Graduate Electrical Power Engineer of the Year Award (GEPEOY) recognises excellence in electrical power engineering for a young electrical
engineer who has made a significant contribution during the preceding six years. This Award is presented annually by the Electrical College
Board and the Electric Energy Society of Australia (EESA), who jointly developed this Award to encourage young Australians to pursue a career
in electrical power engineering and to recognise their outstanding achievements. Both self-nominations and third-party nominations are accepted
for this award.
The candidates will be judged on the following criteria:
- a submission that details an example of how automation systems, computer modelling and other engineering techniques were utilised within a
power engineering application.
- achievements during the years since graduation of an undergraduate degree (to a maximum of 6 years) in the form of significant practical and/or
theoretical work in the practice of electrical power engineering.
- active contributions to the community will be favourably regarded.
- Chartered status will be considered an advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The award is open to:
- Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- nominees eligible for the membership of Engineers Australia.
- employees of electrical power engineering organisations who have graduated with an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering within the
last six years.
- young professionals who have graduated with an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering within the last six years.
PRESENTATION OF THE AWARD
The recipient of the Graduate Electrical Power Engineer of the Year Award will receive:
- travel and registration to a CIRED event.
- one year’s free subscription to the Electric Energy Society of Australia and full registration to the National Electrical Energy Society of
Australia Conference and Exhibition, including travel and accommodation.
- a framed certificate.
For more information, please contact the Engineers Australia Awards Coordinator on 02 6260 6126 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY THE ELECTRIC ENERGY SOCIETY OF AUSTRALIA