ABOUT THE VIC CHAPTER
The EESA Victorian Chapter has developed a strategic plan for the growth of EESA in Victoria over the next period with a strong focus on providing value to our members. Our plan will provide Continued Professional Development, networking, opportunities for Students and Young Engineers, and a Technical Program structured on Generation, Transmission, Distribution, End Use Customers and the Retail Market. To deliver this program we are looking to increase the number of people on our Committee and currently have a number of opportunities that would certainly read well on your CV. If you are interested in joining a progressive, forward-looking committee then please send an email to the Victorian Chair via the online contact form to express your interest in being part of the Victorian Chapter Committee.
- We sponsor the Science Talent Search, promoting electric energy to primary and secondary school students.
- We run mentoring programs throughout the year, connecting graduates and mid-career professionals with suitable mentors in the electric energy industry.
- We have close ties with universities and provide awards to the best performing Electrical Engineering Student in Power Engineering.
- We have a state student ambassador and student representatives in most universities.
- We hold many industry site visits throughout the year. Recent events include a Loy Yang Power Station, Basslink, a cable manufacturer, a transformer manufacturer, and Melbourne zone substations.
- We hold networking evenings, a key opportunity to meet with those which might be a lead to your next job.
- We hold special events for corporate members, showcasing your support to the development and best practice in the electric energy industry.
- We hold technical seminars, where you gain insights into cutting edge technology as well as best practice engineering solutions.
- We hold an annual symposium and host the EESA national conference from time to time. These events are a melting pot of technical expertise and information.
- We collaborate on events with the local branches of the Engineers Australia Electrical College, IEEE-PES, IET, and AIE. We welcome collaboration with those that have interest in Electric Energy.
THE VIC CHAPTER STUDENT AWARD
Click here to learn more about the VIC Chapter student award.
The Victoria Chapter Committee
Vic Chapter Chair and National Council Member
Service Since: 2022
Service Since: January 2014
Service Since: 2022
Victorian Chapter CPD Event Coordinator
Service Since: July 2020
University Liaison Officer